You may not have the time to have your nails done in the salon. But the thought of damaging your nails may also keep you from changing your nail polish when it is time to do it. That could even be more intimidating when you need to remove a gel nail polish as it really sticks well on the nails. It makes the nails so strong and bonds thoroughly that it may seem impossible to remove the polish from the nails without ruining them. Don’t worry. We have you covered. This guide will help you do it the right way.
1. Look for a well-ventilated space to do the removal process. It takes some time to completely remove the old nail coatings on your nails. Just imagine how much of the safe nail polish remover combines with the air that you breathe throughout the time you wait for your polish to peel off from your nails? If you want to do the removal process the right way the first time, make sure you do it in a well-ventilated room. You also need to make sure that the workspace is set up properly that you will not risk anything other than your nails getting drenched with the gel nail polish remover.
2. Be gentle with your nail file. First, you need to remove the top layer of the sns dipping powder. To do that, you need to use a coarse nail file. Gently and slowly file through each nail, making sure that only the outer cover of the nail polish is taken off. The best-suited nail file for this job will be a 150 grit nail file. If used properly, this nail file will remove your gel nail polish effectively.
3. Guard your skin. It takes about thirty minutes before the gel nail polish will start peeling off from your nails. The natural oil on the skin may be stripped away with the polish remover that you use to soak the nails with. Hydration is thus necessary to protect your the skin surrounding your nails from drying off. Use a cuticle oil or a thick cream to hydrate the nails and the skin while prepping the nails for a manicure or a pedicure. Your nails will love it, so will your skin.
4. Use cotton balls instead. Cotton balls dry longer and are less absorbent than cotton pads, so the acetone that you soak them with may be used in greater measure on your nails. You still have to soak the cotton balls with more acetone at one time, however, to make sure that there will be enough to soak your nails with when some of the solution have already been absorbed by the cotton ball.
5. Prepare aluminum foil strips before the removal process. You will need to wrap your fingers covered with cotton that was previously soaked with the nail polish remover. You will need to prepare the foil strips (about 3“x3“) beforehand. You need the foil to secure the cotton balls on your nails. You may need to leave your foil-covered nails for about 15 minutes, or until the opi gel nail polish starts to peel off. You just need to slide off the foil from your fingertips before doing the next step.
6. Scrape off the gel nail polish with an orange stick. You will see the nail coatings pulled off in one piece from your nails when you remove the aluminum foil and the cotton balls covering your nails. You may still need to use an orange stick to totally remove the nail polish any of its residue from your nails.
7. Buff your nails. After lifting off the gel nail polish and any left over polish on your nails, wash your hands with soap and water, before buffing your nails. Buffing will remove any remaining polish on your nails. It is also a great way to prepare your nails for a fresh coat of kiara sky dip powder. Before you do that, however, you need to wash off your nails with soap and water again. Towel dry thoroughly.
9. Hydrate your nails. The soaking, scraping, and buffing put a lot of pressure on your nails. To freshen them up, hydrate the nails and the surrounding skin with cuticle oil or coconut oil. If you have to put on a new coat of nail polish, you may need to wait until the manicure or pedicure is done before putting on some cuticle oil on your nails.
Removing nail polish may be intimidating and difficult at first. If you can do it the first time correctly, it will be easy to do it the next time. This guide will help you do it properly every time.